Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Just the Breather I Needed




A new job, in a new country, in a new company is truly a challenging experience.  I felt exhausted at one point.  It was the end of 2010 and we have been in Vietnam for six months. 





Having spent most of my time working (till late at night almost every day, and weekends too),  not one day of leave,  I felt I needed a break and some truly quality family time.  The Tet holidays was the perfect opportunity to take a breather.  

Vietnam is a long, S-shaped country, one side is one long beach facing the South China Sea.  My family loves the beach.  So off we went to Ho Tram Beach Resort in Vung Tau, a province down south of Ho Chi Minh City - a 3 hour drive.  The beach itself was not great,  the sand is fine but not Boracay-white,  the waves were quite strong (dangerous for swimming),  no opportunity at all for snorkeling.  


  

 

But it was a lovely place.  Strolling on the beach, especially in the morning, never fails to quiet my spirit.  I shut-out work mentally to truly "be" with my family - we watched the fishermen, explored the place especially the garden where vegetables were being grown, chatted about everything and nothing while munching on some snacks.

 It was just the respite I needed. We had a fantastic time and I came home recharged.

No comments:

Post a Comment