Monday, April 30, 2012

Better Than Sleep?

Last night, I went to bed earlier.  I've had migraine for the past two days which wouldn't not go away with my usual medication.  Lack of sleep most likely - the past week, I was catching up on work till late at night, shutting down usually around 2am... But a good sleep was not to be had.

Around 1:30 am,  my 8-year old son woke me up saying he got severe pain on his right ear and could not sleep.   I let him slid in beside me, asked a few "diagnostic questions" - when did he start having the pain, did he poke his ear with something pointed or sharp, etc.  While gently rubbing the painful ear,  I quickly checked the internet for info on ear pains among kids.  Most probably, ear infection,  nothing serious I hope... he was able to sleep soon after taking paracetamol.  I could not.

This morning,  J remained matamlay, and still had fever.  He wanted me near him always.  I still felt light-headed, but there was a warm feeling inside - I felt special and needed.  It's a feeling much greater than having enough sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment